Framing for Steel Mezzanines, Equipment Platforms
Steele Solutions engineers use five types of framing designs for steel mezzanines and equipment platforms:
- C-Section – Spans up to 20 feet. These spans are usually formed from flat structural steel and are typically used in small to medium-size mezzanine applications.
- Beam and C-Section — An I-beam and C-section combination allows spans more than 20 feet in one direction, while keeping the depth of structure to a minimum. This combination can be used in all size mezzanine applications.
- Beam and Beam – In this approach, all wide-flange beam design is used when heavy loading or unusual span are required.
- Beam and Bar Joist — This system is used for medium to large mezzanine system projects were wide spans and high capacity are needed.
- Bar Joist and Girder Joist – This set-up is open-web in both directions and is typically used in large projects or in large spans where high capacity is needed.
Contact Steele Solutions to learn more on the right framing for your mezzanine or platform.